While MaxiClimber is manufactured using quality components and is designed to offer maximum performance with minimal maintenance, wear on your vertical climber is inevitable. Sweat and body oils can break down finishes and accelerate the wear of some metals and rubber parts, so it is important to spend some time cleaning your machine. Doing this will help ensure potential corrosive materials do not sit overnight on your climber workout equipment..
- Dry excess sweat that may fall on your MaxiClimber during your workout.
- Wipe frames and other powder coated surfaces down with a damp cloth. If a more thorough cleaning is needed, a mixture of mild dish soap and water is recommended.
- After cleaning, dry the frame completely with a clean, dry cloth. This will further prevent corrosion or rust from forming.
- To clean rubber handles, use a solution that is ten percent mild dish soap and ninety percent warm water. Apply with a damp cloth (or a soft bristle brush for more stubborn soiling), then wipe the residue away with another damp cloth.
- Steel surfaces and handles can be cleaned with a cloth dipped in a very light solution of dish soap and water, and dried with a dry cloth.
- Spray cleaners are OK, but be careful of any overspray onto rubber surfaces, as any chemicals stronger than dish soap will eat away at the rubber.
- Silicone or teflon spray is normally ok, particularly on any internal parts that are not exposed and won’t collect dust, as long as it doesn’t conflict with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Cables that are frayed, bent or twisted need to be replaced. Under normal use they are difficult to damage, but please contact us if you need replacement.
Daily Maintenance for Your MaxiClimberSince sweat creates mineral deposits that cause added friction, it can shorten the roller’s lifetime. After each climber machine workout, dry the moisture from your sweat to prevent oxidation and corrosion. Be sure to take special care of MaxiClimber’s mainframe and rollers.
Monthly Maintenance Will Lengthen the Life of Your MaxiClimberTo maximize the lifespan and performance of your vertical climber exercise machine, take these steps monthly:
- Wipe dust from all surfaces with a damp cloth.
- Clean rubber handles and steel surfaces using a damp cloth with ten percent mild dish soap and ninety percent warm water.
- Lubricate rollers and pulley with WD-40 or silicone-based lubricant.