Policy last updated Dec 15, 2020
The following policy explains how we collect and use personal information in detail. If you have any concerns about this policy, please feel free to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration; Collection and Use of Information:
Anyone completing and submitting any or part of the forms on the Site is considered a “registrant.”
Collection of PII
Company only gathers PII that is volunteered during the registration process or in response to specific information requests. Examples of PII that may be requested consist of name, address, email address, and telephone number. We also collect credit card or other payment account information in connection with any purchase you make on or through the Site. The decision to provide PII is optional on your part; however, if you decide not to register or provide such information, you may not be able to make purchases on or use certain features of the Site or other services on or through the Site.
Depending on how you interact with our Site, the personal information we collect from you may vary. If you connect to the Site using Facebook, Google+, or another social networking site (each a “Social Networking Site”), we will receive information that you authorize the Social Networking Site to share with us, which may include public profile information, birthday, current city work, school, and email address. When we receive this information, it becomes Company’s account information for purposes of your use of the Site. This information also constitutes personal information and is therefore subject to this Policy. Any information that we collect from your Social Networking Site account may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the Social Networking Site, so please consult the Social Networking Site’s privacy and data practices. You have the ability to disconnect your Social Networking Site account from your account with us by adapting the privacy settings in your Social Networking Site account. If you come to the Site through a Social Networking Site, from other websites or with devices that enable third parties to collect information from or about you, such third parties receive information about you subject to their privacy policies.
Collection of Other Information, Cookies, and Cookie Opt-Out
We also may automatically collect non-personal information that does not identify an individual user, such as IP (internet protocol) address, ISP (internet service provider), the Web browser used to visit the Site, the time the Site is visited, which Web pages were visited on the Site, a unique mobile device identifier (in connection with the use of the Sites or related services from mobile devices) and other anonymous Site usage data.
We may also collect personal information and non-personal information from users via “cookies” (small text files placed by us on user computers and stored there by their browser while they are browsing our Site), single-pixel GIF image files (also called “Web beacons”), Web server log analysis and other similar technologies. Such information may be used to track usage trends and enhance the user experience, and may be shared with third parties.
Without cookies it would be impossible to provide you information and services you are requesting through the Internet. Cookies remember certain information (such as items added in the shopping cart in an online store) and may record your browsing activity. They can also be used to remember arbitrary pieces of information that the user previously entered into form fields, such as names, passwords and billing addresses.
By using the Site, you agree to the use of any of the cookies and tracking tools mentioned in this policy, unless you opt out from such use (opt out available only for some cookie types). Your browser gives you the ability to control cookies. How to do this varies from browser to browser. You should view the Help menu on the browser you use for further information. Your opt-out choice is stored only in that browser, so you should separately set your preferences for other browsers, computers, or devices you may use. If you do opt out of cookies, it may impair our ability to deliver, and your ability to receive, all the services and benefits of the Site.
Use of Information
We use your PII and non-personal information for internal purposes, such as to provide you with the Site and services, to notify you of new products or services, and to otherwise communicate with you.
To the extent third parties may place advertising on the Site, such third parties may utilize cookies or other tracking technologies. We are not responsible for information collected by third parties in this manner, nor for the collection or use of information by other sites to which the Site is linked.
By providing PII and other information to this Site, the registrant fully understands and expressly consents to the collection and use of such information and the transfer of such information to other parties, in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
Company reserves the right to use registrant PII: (1) as disclosed at the time such information is provided and (2) as disclosed in this Policy.
We DO NOT rent, sell, or otherwise share your PII and non-personal information with anyone, for any purpose, other than for those limited purposes described hereinbelow.
By clicking “Submit” and providing personal information on or through the Site, you agree:
- all information you have provided is true and correct to the best of your knowledge;
- you are establishing a business relationship with Company and its other marketing partners; and
- you are requesting and expressly consenting to be contacted via telephone (whether wireless or wired, including calls and SMS texts using an automated telephone dialing system), email, and/or mail by us with offers of other products and services, and for any other legitimate purpose, regardless of whether your telephone number is on any Do Not Call list(s)
To process payments of purchases you make on the Site, we may share some of your personal information, including credit card or other account information, with third party service providers who help us process transactions on the site. These service providers are under contract to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
Finally, Company may disclose registrant PII in order to: (1) comply with applicable laws; (2) respond to governmental inquiries; (3) comply with valid legal process; and (4) protect the rights or property of Company or other registrants of this Site.
California Privacy Law
Right to Request Information about Your Personal Information
Free of charge, you have the right to request for the last 12 months, and receive within 45 days (and in any event no more than 90 days:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
We must provide this information to you in a readily usable format that allows you to easily send the information to and between other entities, thus allowing you to “port” or move your personal information from us to another company offering similar services.
Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” includes, but is not limited to, identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (including cookies), online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
In the last 12 months, we have collected these categories of personal information from consumers: name, last name, email, billing address and shipping address.
In the last 12 months, we have NOT sold ANY personal information about consumers:
Right to Request Deletion of Your Personal Data
Free of charge, you have the right to request deletion of your personal information that we have collected from you. We shall comply with that request by deleting all of your personal information from our records and directing any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Some exceptions do exist to our duty to delete your personal information at your request. These are when your personal information may be needed to:
- Complete a transaction for which your personal information was collected, provide a good or service that you requested, or that we could reasonably anticipate within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that follows applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of your information is likely to prevent or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent’
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation;
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Right to Receive Equal Service and Pricing, Even if Exercising Your Privacy Rights
Pursuant to the CCPA, we cannot and will not discriminate against or penalize you for exercising your privacy rights. We will not:
- Charge different prices for our service;
- Provide a different level or quality of service to you;
- Suggest that you receive a different price for, or a different level or quality of, our service;
Provided, however, the CCPA does not prohibit differences in prices, levels or quality of service offered to users if the difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the consumer by the consumer’s data.
How to Make Requests Regarding Your Personal Information
To request information about your personal information, to delete your personal information, to direct us not to sell your personal information, or for disclosure of the types of your personal information that we may sell, contact us at:
- Any information we obtain from you in connection with any mobile service, including SMS services, may include your name, address, mobile phone number, your mobile service provider’s name, and the date, time, and content of your messages. In addition to any fee we may charge, your mobile service provider’s standard messaging rates apply to our confirmation and all subsequent SMS correspondence. All charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages, as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your network operator. SMS message services are provided on an AS IS basis. You may opt out of mobile services via email at email@example.com or by sending “STOP”, “END”, “QUIT” to the SMS text message you have received. However, such opting out will not apply to any communications from our other website offerings you have registered for to whom we may have already provided your information.
Opting-Out of Further Communications
Site registrants may opt-out of receiving further communications from Company. Registrants may, at any time, choose not to receive promotional emails from Company by (1) following the “unsubscribe” instructions in any such e-mail received by registrant, or (2) writing at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that unsubscribing from one email list does not automatically unsubscribe you from any other email list that you may be on. Please read the email carefully to find out which list you are unsubscribing from.
Registrants also may opt out of receiving telephone calls from Company with whom we have shared your information by requesting to be placed on its company-specific do-not-call list.
Registrants and users may cancel their account by writing to email@example.com or calling 888-433-9083.
Transfer In Certain Circumstances
In its sole discretion, Company may transfer, sell or assign information collected on and through this Site, including without limitation, PII and other registrant-provided information, to one or more third parties, as a result of the sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation of Company.
Security, Fraud, and Abuse
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Company regularly reviews these measures to better protect you. However, we do not and cannot guarantee the security or integrity of the information, and we have no liability for breaches of said security or integrity or third-party interception in transit. Please be advised that any transmission of data at or through the Site is at your own risk.
Must Be 18 Years or Older
The Company Site is not intended for, or directed to, children under the age of 18. If we learn that a person who registers on the Site is under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that individual’s registration.
Links to Other Sites
Change in Policy
Please provide complete information to facilitate your request, as well as your complete contact information.