25 Motivational Workout Quotes To Help You Stay Focused
If you’ve ever tried to commit to a regular fitness routine, you’ve probably hit a rut at least once or twice where you’ve lost the motivation to work out. It’s extremely common to lose workout motivation, but it’s important to not just give up when you feel this way.
A loss of motivation can keep you from sticking to your scheduled workouts. This can quickly get in the way of you being able to make progress towards your fitness goals. It can also prevent you from enjoying the many benefits of regular exercise, like increased energy levels, reduced risk of developing a variety of health conditions, helping maintain a healthy weight, improved sleep quality and boosted mental health.
One easy way to help adjust your mindset and attitude towards your exercise efforts is to browse through workout quotes and mantras. Finding the right workout quotes that speak to you can inspire and motivate you to get back on track with your exercise routine.
In this article, we’ve rounded up some of the most motivational workout quotes and mantras out there to help you get started. Read on to discover the inspiration you’ve been searching for.
Inspirational Workout Quotes
If you have a home gym or dedicated workout space, consider taping up your favorite workout quotes where you can see them while you exercise. They’ll remind you not to give up and serve as a source of motivation when you need it most. Here are some inspirational workout quotes from athletes that would be a great choice to look at as you complete your fitness routine:
• “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” — Wayne Gretzky
• “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
• “It’s going to be a journey. It’s not a sprint to get in shape.” — Kerri Walsh Jennings• “I would never consider myself a natural athlete. So I have to work at everything that I do with this body.” – David Beckham
Workout Quotes from Celebs
Another category that can be especially motivating is workout quotes from your favorite celebs. Fitness is a major part of many celebrity lifestyles, so it’s no surprise there are many quotes from famous actors and personalities about exercise. Here are some of the best workout quotes from famous individuals:
- “Do it! No matter what exercise you try, whether it is walking, running, or cycling; if you put your mind to it and dedicate yourself to achieving the goal that you set out for yourself – go for it!” — Jane Fonda
- “Success isn’t always about ‘greatness’, it’s about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come.” — Dwayne Johnson
- “Exercise is one of the most important things you need to do every day. Even if you only have time for five minutes, those five minutes will make such a big impact.” — Charlize Theron
Classic Motivational Quotes
There are plenty of motivational quotes out there that aren’t specifically about fitness but that can easily be applied to your workout sessions. Even better, you can be inspired by them in other areas of your life as well — from completing daily household chores to giving it your all in the office. Here are some great classic motivational statements that can serve as workout quotes:
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.” — Pablo Picasso
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Tough times don’t last. Tough people do.” — Robert H. Schuller
- “All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” — Aristotle
- “You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” — Maya Angelou
- “Don’t count the days, make the days count.” — Muhammad Ali
Mantras aren’t just great for your meditation sessions — they can also make an excellent addition to your regular fitness program. Workout mantras rely on the power of positive affirmations to motivate you during exercise. They’re short statements you can repeat to yourself as part of your routine to boost your mood and help you stay focused on your fitness efforts. Here are some examples of workout mantras:
- Stay strong
- I’m doing this for me
- Hard work brings sweet rewards
- I will, just watch me
- Make progress, not excuses
The most important part of a workout mantra is that you feel comfortable saying it to yourself, and that it sounds like something you would actually say. If these workout mantra examples don’t ring true for you, feel free to come up with your own. All you need is a simple phrase that motivates or inspires you to power through your workouts and you’ll be on your way to crushing all of your fitness goals.
Try Other Tips for Workout Motivation
To truly give yourself the motivating boost you need to stay focused and keep working towards your goals, try incorporating other strategies into your routine along with workout quotes or mantras. There are plenty of fun ways to boost workout motivation. Here are some tips to try out:
- Reward Yourself — One way to motivate yourself to work out is to promise yourself a post-exercise reward. The reward could be anything you enjoy, such as a delicious and nutritious smoothie, some time to dedicate to a favorite hobby or a relaxing bath. Eventually, the act of completing a workout itself should even feel like a reward. You’ll feel a sense of accomplishment as well as the positive feelings from the endorphins released during exercise.
- Set Goals — Goal-setting is another excellent motivation strategy. It’s important to create both short- and long-term goals for the best results. Short-term goals could be to work out for a certain amount of time or to exercise on three specific days each week. These types of goals are very easy to achieve, and being able to meet them will motivate you to keep moving forward. For long-term goals, think of reasons you want to keep working out and improving your fitness level. For example, you might want to run a marathon with friends or try mountain climbing for the first time.
- Choose Fun Exercise — Making workouts fun is the best way to create fitness sessions that you’ll actually look forward to. The more exciting your exercise is, the more likely you are to stick to a regular workout routine. If you’ve been searching for a fun at-home exercise machine for your workouts, look no further than MaxiClimber’s vertical climber machine.
MaxiClimber is a full-body workout that puts your upper body, lower body and core to work in each fitness session. The machine’s unique design includes dynamic vertical climbing motion. MaxiClimber is also easy to set up anywhere in your house so you can change up the scenery to make your fitness more fun. Try exercising on your back porch, on a patio or balcony or at a friend’s house to add variety to your workouts.
Rely on fun exercise with MaxiClimber to keep yourself motivated and on track to meet all of your fitness goals!